SINULEX® FORTE CAPSULES may assist in the symptomatic relief of chronic and acute hay fever, sinusitis and respiratory tract infections.
Sinulex® Forte Capsules
- Immune modulator
- Shortens duration of cold, flu and sinus symptoms
- May prevent bacterial infections
|Pelargonium sidoides extract 100 mg|
|Horseradish extract 200 mg|
|L-Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 300 mg|
|Zinc Sulfate 21,8 mg (equivalent to 5 mg elemental zinc)|
|Vitamin D3 7,5μg (Cholecalciferol 300 IU)|
Free from lactose, GMO, gluten, sugar, tartrazine and soya. Does not contain pseudoephedrine or any stimulants such as caffeine. No artificial additives, flavours and colourants.
Pelargonium sidoides root extract is a clinically and pharmacologically well-documented modern plant-based medicine for upper respiratory tract infections,1,2 such as bronchitis and sinusitis. Antiviral, antimicrobial and immunomodulatory effects have also been demonstrated,3 including the inhibition of the replication of respiratory viruses. Not only is pelargonium effective in alleviating symptoms of acute bronchitis, rhinosinusitis and the common cold in adults, but it shortens the duration of the disease itself.
Pelargonium’s action as a preventative agent against bacterial infections has been shown in a study4 published in Phytomedicine. The study observed that pelargonium inhibits adherence of bacteria to epithelial cells to protect mucous membranes from microorganisms inactivating our defence mechanisms.
Our pelargonium root (also referred to as tuber) in Sinulex® Forte is sourced from certified sustainable farms. Careful harvesting of this valuable root ensures compliance with Good Agricultural Practice guidelines.
Horseradish extract is a decongestant herb with a robust mucolytic action, used to relieve respiratory mucus, nasal congestion and catarrh of the respiratory tract. Horseradish contains mustard oils that irritate mucous membranes, effectively alleviating excessive accumulation of mucus. In the clinical setting, horseradish was demonstrated as having antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effects on the respiratory tract. Allyl isothiocyanate, a constituent of horseradish, is a potent antimicrobial that may be effective in treating influenza, respiratory tract infections, and sinus inflammation.
Also known as kren or krenweiberl, horseradish has a long history of medicinal use in parts of Austria and Bavaria in fighting a variety of conditions including influenza, respiratory ailments, and scurvy, due to its high vitamin C content.
L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is well known for its ability to fight colds and flu, but is also used to lower, balance and maintain healthy blood histamine levels and boost the immune system. Vitamin C is an essential biological antioxidant used to ameliorate a wide variety of infections and to enhance the effectiveness of the immune system. Vitamin C reduces the severity of cold symptoms and has repeatedly been shown to reduce their duration significantly.
Zinc Sulfate is an important mineral found in almost every cell in the human body and is very well absorbed in sulfate form. Zinc has been shown to reduce the duration of common colds with decreased symptom severity. It is of key importance in many biological processes, such as the promotion in the activity of about 100 enzymes. Deficiency in zinc is often associated with an increased risk of infection. Zinc may interfere with rhinovirus adhesion, protecting plasma membranes from microbial toxins. Zinc increase immunity against several viruses and may even interfere with the replication of certain viruses.
Vit D3 is natural vitamin D, which is identical to the vitamin D our body makes naturally from sunlight. Vitamin D3 is much better absorbed than vitamin D, making it approximately 87% more effective in raising and maintaining blood levels of vitamin D.
Vitamin D is vitally important for the proper functioning and strengthening of the immune system. Acute respiratory tract infections were responsible for approximately 2.38 million deaths worldwide in 2016. A wealth of mechanistic and clinical data show that vitamin D plays a critical (and complex) role in supporting the immune system. There are vitamin D receptors and activating enzymes on the surfaces of all white blood cells.
Inadequate and low intake and status of vitamin D is widespread, leading to a decrease in resistance to infections and as a consequence, associated with frequent colds and flu. In 2017, analyses of prospective clinical trials showed that taking vitamin D reduces the odds of developing a respiratory infection by approximately 42% in people with low baseline levels vitamin D.
Sinulex® Forte Capsules come in packs of 3s, 10s and 30s.
It is recommended to take this dosage for at least 5 consecutive days.
Adults and children above 12 years: take 1 capsule 3 times daily.
Children 6 – 12 years: take 1 capsule 2 times daily.
Adults and children above 12 years: take 1 capsule 2 times a day.
Children 6 – 12 years: take 1 capsule daily or as otherwise prescribed by your healthcare professional.
Do not exceed the recommended or prescribed daily dosage.
Side-effects or warnings
- Avoid in cases of known hypersensitivity (allergies) to any of the mentioned ingredients.
- Safety during pregnancy and lactation has not been established.
- Take under the supervision of a healthcare practitioner if using blood-thinning medication (e.g. warfarin). Pelargonium may increase the risk of bleeding when taken with herbs and supplements that have blood-thinning action.
- Pelargonium contains coumarin, which may be toxic to the liver in large doses.
- Do not use horseradish preparations in the event of having stomach or intestinal ulcers, a history of kidney disease, or a thyroid disorder.
- Do not store above 25°C and keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use after the date of expiry.
Sinulex® Forte Capsules are available without a prescription from all leading pharmacies. Buy now
This medicine has not been evaluated by any regulatory body and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Timmer A, Günther J, Rücker G, Motschall E, Antes G, Kern WV. Pelargonium sidoidesextract for acute respiratory tract infections. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2008; vol. 3.
- Agbabiaka TB, Guo R, Ernst E. Pelargonium sidoides for acute bronchitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Phytomedicine 2008;15(5):378-385.
- Kolodziej H. Antimicrobial, antiviral and immunomodulatory activity studies of Pelargonium sidoides(EPs® 7630) in the context of health promotion. Pharmaceuticals Basel 2011;4(10):1295-1314.
- Wittschier N, Faller G, Hensel A. An extract of Pelargonium sidoides(EPs 7630) inhibits in situ adhesion of Helicobacter pylori to human stomach. Phytomedicine 2007;14(4):285-288.